STEAMProviding the Foundation for Tomorrow’s Innovators
The result? PHCA students connect their learning in these vital areas and become collaborative, thoughtful risk-takers and persistent problem solvers. They are creative, experiential learners with a strong foundation to become innovators and leaders. They are prepared for rising job markets, and they are equipped to be successful in the workforce.
For example, our first grade classroom approaches STEAM in an interdisciplinary method. The entire process is seamless and interactive to suit and excite any learning style. A typical study would include:
- Introduction of the topic via books, internet, and music (technology and language arts)
- Vocabulary and written work, which would involve both factual and creative aspects (arts)
- How the topic fits into the broad spectrum of science, as well as the individual application to science (science)
- Creating a project-based model of the science concept or art project (engineering and art)
- Any mathematical potential such as surveys, graphs, formulas, and real-life problems to solve (math)