Service LearningLearning through serving
One of PHCA’s guiding principles is Service. God designed all of us to make a difference with our lives. At PHCA, we instill this truth in students and the value of seeing beyond themselves, focusing on others and on the Lord, and making an impact in the world.
Service learning is essential to creating educational experiences that have meaning and purpose. Throughout the year, students engage in serving our community using our gifts, and then we reflect upon the difference students have made in others’ lives and on the Kingdom of God.
Together, PHCA students have reached out and volunteered in many ways, including:
- Collecting and donating Christmas gifts for families through Hastings Family Services
- Donating boxes to Operation Christmas Child
- Packing meals for Feed My Starving Children and donating profits from M&M fundraisers and bake sales
- Writing letters to veterans and active military
- Bagging groceries for the community (just to service others) at Cub Foods
- Assisting with the monthly Community Food Distribution at the Harbor Church (Middle School)
- Serving dinner at a Loaves and Fishes (Middle School)
- Serving breakfast at a homeless shelter (Middle School)